Why is the appearance of the skin so important?
The skin is the largest organ of the body and has many functions such as regulation of body temperatures, sensing painful stimuli and preserving water and electrolyte balances.It acts as a shield and protects the toxic substances from being permeated into the body. Being the outermost tissue it shields the body from the harmful effects of UV radiation emitted by the sun. The colour and texture of the skin mark the individuals within a society.
The skin has been studied laboriously in the fields of medicine, computer vision and most of all cosmetology. Cosmetology focuses on the appearance of the skin. Any negative change in appearance of the skin can have a drastic effect on an individual’s mental health causing low morale and pessimistic routines.
Keeping this in mind Satya Skin Hair Clinic focuses on improving lives through cosmetic surgery and skin care counseling.
What are skin types dependent on?
Skin types are dependent on several factors
- ■ Oils: lipids keep your skin smooth and nutritious
- ■ Water: The water content in your skin affects its elasticity and comfort
- ■ Sensitivity levels: sensitivity of the skin affects its tolerance to substances
What is my skin type?
Knowing your skin type can help you develop better skin care regimes and select suitable products for managing your skin.
- ■ A good balance of lipids and water
- ■ Low sensitivity levels
- ■ A good complexion
- ■ Very few imperfections
- ■ No visible pores
- ■ Shiny and thick complexion
- ■ Large pores
- ■ Visible spots and blackheads
- ■ Affected by changes in the weather
- ■ Worsened with stress, anxiety, puberty, hormonal imbalances, antibiotics and exposure to heat
- ■ No visible pores
- ■ Rough complexion
- ■ Reduced elasticity
- ■ Visible lines
- ■ Worsened by genetics, long baths, indoor heating systems, weather and medications
- ■ Dilated pores
- ■ Shiny skin
- ■ Blackheads
- ■ T-zone is the most affected area
- ■ Caused due to genetics and hormonal factors
- ■ Evident redness
- ■ Burning, dryness and itchy skin
- ■ Rosacea, pimples and broken blood vessels commonly affect sensitive skin