Peri-orbital circles popularly known as dark circles around the eyes are a very common phenomenon and yet an unexplored condition amongst patients in India. Facial concerns have kept Satya Skin Hair Clinic extremely busy over the last few years. Along with the concerns that have been presented, peri-orbital hyperpigmentation or dark circles under the eyes have been one of the most identified conditions pointed out by us to patients that seek facial cosmetic attention.
What are dark circles?
Dark circles are hyperpigmentation mostly occurring in the lower eyelids area and extending over to the upper eyelids. It can also extend into the malar regions, the eyebrows and the over lying temporal region. Dark circles are homogenous and hyperchromic macules pronounced especially in certain ethnic groups. In most families however, presence of dark circles indicate an impaired quality of life.
What are the Causes?
The causes of dark circles can be attributed to:
- ■ Genetic factors
- ■ Anaemia
- ■ Stress
- ■ Periorbital edema
- ■ Shadowing due to laxity of skin
- ■ Sleep deprivation
- ■ Allergies
- ■ Crying
- ■ Aging
- ■ Excessive exposure to UV rays
Are dark circles a serious condition? Dark circles are predominantly not a serious condition, but can be indicative of a consequential onset of an illness such as trichinosis or hypothyroidism. Dark circles have to be attended to by a physician especially when there is discolouration and swelling in one eye for a prolonged period of time.
What are the treatment options? Satya Skin Hair Clinic has a variety of suggestions and treatments to offer for dark circles.
1. Yoga and meditation – Yoga and meditation work wonders to relieve stress and refresh the body. It relaxes you and gives absolute peace of mind. When stress is relieved, the dark circles under the eyes automatically disappear.
2. Medications – The medicines are given after finding the cause of your dark circles. These may include vitamin & iron supplement and anti-oxidants orally. For local application, creams with active ingredients which lighten pigment and firm the skin are prescribed.
3. Peels: In milder cases, peels give a good result as they have a skin rejuvenating and firming effect.
4. Scarlite™ Laser: Scarlite™ involves the usage of fractional laser beams which are divided into treatment zones targeting a single fraction of skin at a time. Ablative treatments focus on the epidermis but fractional laser works on both the dermis and the epidermis to stimulate dermal collagen and reduce hyperpigmentation. Intensive treatment to this delicate area of the face is most effectively executed by the Scarlite™ laser.
5. Under eye PRP: One of the most effective non-surgical treatments ever developed is the under-eye PRP. Platelet rich plasma has the capacity to create new cells, firm the skin, smooth skin texture and eliminate hyperpigmentation – hence, its usage for obliteration of dark circles under the eye.
A beautiful face is everybody’s desire. The single most important part of a beautiful face is beautiful eyes. Beautiful eyes say so many things & so do the under eye circles.If people are asked about things they don’t like about themselves, Under eye treatment would be in the list of top 5 by most of the people
People try so many home remedies, cosmetic products, spa treatments, medications and what not to get rid of Under eye treatment .
Under eye treatment is one of the most sought after treatments as far as a dermatology clinic in delhi is concerned.
Under eye circle has become a common problem and are frequently described as “tired eyes.” Although under eye circles may be caused by a host of different reasons from heredity to allergies, vitamin deficiency, medication side effects, lack of sleep, working hours or facial aging. They can affect both men and women of all ages.
Patients only choose to this treatment after a struggle with dark under eye circles that seem to get worse over a period of time and when they have lost hope after years of using make up and concealers to hide their dark under-eyes circles and under-eye bags, this is the time when they realize that topical treatments may provide some hope, but over time patients realize that medical help is the only permanent solution that actually works in long run for under eye circles.
In most cases effective treatment via a cosmetic dermatology professional can eradicate dark under-eye circles and under-eye bags but make sure you are seeing a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can thoroughly examine the skin and treat you accordingly. Under eye circle treatments include eye cream, intense pulsed light therapy, skin resurfacing and injectable fillers, but before you choose one it’s important to determine the cause.
At Satya skin and hair clinic, we use a combination of laser skin tightening technology and bleaching peel to help our patients who suffer from persistent and unsightly dark under eye circles and under eye bags.
Before we discuss Under eye treatment, let us see what the most common contributory factors are:
- 1. Lack of sleep,
- 2. Improper diet,
- 3. Medical illness,
- 4. Genetic makeup,
- 5. Sunken eyes,
- 6. Wrinkling,
- 7. Stress,
- 8. Allergies,
- 9. Constant excessive blinking of eyelids
- 10. Stress.
At Satya we believe in finding out the root cause and treat it. The Under eye treatment treatment at Satya includes:
- 1. Meditation and yoga: Self love is the key. Love yourself is our philosophy at Satya. We really work hard on this aspect and the results are visible much faster than any other medical treatment.
- 2. Treatment of medical disorders as per the diagnosis.
- 3. Medicines
- 4. Chemical peels
- 5. Scarlite laser
- 6. PRP(Platelet Rich plasma)
- 7. Dermal Fillers
- 8. Combination techniques.
and many other under eye treatment depending upon individual to individual need.
It is the holistic approach for Under eye treatment which gives our patients better and faster results, this is the difference between Satya and any other clinic.
Treating dark under eye circles is still one of the most challenging cosmetic concerns that we see on a regular basis in our clinic.
YOUR JOURNEY TOWARDS BEAUTIFUL YOU STARTS HERE AT SATYA