Whatever be the type of hair you are having, you have a duty to protect them and nourish them so that they grow abundantly and do not become a prey to hair loss problems. 50 % of people face hair loss problems between the ages of 40 and 50. They find it very agonizing and some of them face the effect of the hair loss in their personal and even in their professional life. It is very important that you understand the problems that arise out of hair loss and take precautionary steps to prevent the most unpleasant thing not to happen in your life. The important steps that have to be practiced for healthy and beautiful hair are discussed below.
1. Avoid home remedies: Many people spend money and time trying home remedies for protecting and maintaining their hair. This has been found to be the most important reason for the hair problems faced by people at large. It is better to avoid personal treatment and beauty tips at home. There are so many professional hair clinics around the corner. Pick the best one from them and entrust your hair care to them. You may find it difficult to find a dedicated and truly professional hair care provider.Consult a Trichologist for all your hair problems.
2. Avoid over processing: Applying relaxers on already processed hair and keeping chemicals on hair for prolonged periods are common mistakes committed by people who try for straightening their hair. Home kits may be cheaper and easier, but they tend to over process the hair. Reduction of time between touch ups is another risky matter that can happen in home remedies. These mistakes can result in damage, breakage and permanent loss of hair.
3. Choose hairstyles, which need low heat only: Daily use of either flat iron or curly hair can lead to damage and dryness. Heat tools are suitable only for occasional use. Practicing no heat or less heat hairstyles are always better for good health. Styling techniques that use less heat includes wet sets , satin-covered rollers, curl formers, wrapping etc. Hair styles like buns, braids, updos etc do not need ends to be curled or bumped.
4. Wrap and protect: Wrapping your tresses at night protects them during sleeping and saves much time in the morning. If you can attach a pillowcase or silky hair cover, it would be better. Molding the hair in the shape of your head allows you to preserve the health and shape of your hair without the application of any heat.
5. Condition regularly: Relaxers remove hair’s natural oil during straightening. Removing moisture is very good for the health of the hair. Petrolatum-laden products only coats hair. Rely on quality conditioners to keep proper moisture levels in your head. Deep condition the hair two or three times with rinse out conditioner during each shampoo depending on the needs of your hair.
6. Trim as needed: Ends of your hair is the oldest part of your hair. As they are more fragile they need extreme care. Since they are not going to last forever, it is better to trim them so that the split hair is removed. A properly protected hair with good health care practices, needs lesser trimming.
7. Wear protective hair styles: Wearing protective hair styles like braids, chignons etc help you to keep the ends of your hair up and out of sight. This allows the moisture to be retained which promotes hair retention. Healthy ends are needed for a person who wants to grow hair down her back. Many women with long hair keep their hair ends in the up position and out of sight. Protective styles like bun, two strand twists, braids, flat twists, weaves etc can be tried and see how they help in hair retention.