Cosmetic surgery aims to improve the aesthetic appearance of a person or any medical operation that is intended to improve a person’s appearance rather than their health is cosmetic surgery.
The goal of cosmetic surgery is to improve a person’s appearance and thus self-esteem by changing the way she or he looks.
Cosmetic surgery can be performed on any part of the face and body. Experts say that not everybody is suitable for cosmetic surgery. There may be factors in the patient’s life that may be influencing his/her surgery decisions.
There are different types of cosmetic surgery:
Abdominoplasty or Tummy tuck – In this cosmetic surgery the abdomen is reshaped and firmed. During this surgical procedure excess skin and fat is removed from the middle and lower abdomen, with the aim of tightening the muscle and fascia of the abdominal wall. Abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery also improves the appearance of stretch marks, especially those located below the navel.
Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery – In this cosmetic surgery eyelids are reshaped or permanent eyeliner is applied. This procedure may be either functional or cosmetic and sometimes both. The aim is to reshape the upper or lower eyelid by removing or repositioning excess tissue.
Mammoplasty cosmetic surgery- includes Breast enlargement, breast implants, Breast reduction, male breast reduction and Breast Lift.
- In Breast enlargement cosmetic surgery, the breasts are enlarged. This is one of the most common procedures in cosmetic surgery. This is done either with fat grafting, or with saline or silicone gel prosthetics.
- Breast implants cosmetic surgery may also be considered by patients who have had their breast removed (mastectomy), as may be the case with breast cancer. Breast implants come in many sizes, shapes and profiles.
- Breast reduction cosmetic surgery In this surgery skin and glandular tissue is removed to make the breasts smaller. This procedure may also apply for women who suffer from shoulder or back pain because their breasts are very large.
- Male breast reduction (gynecomastia) cosmetic surgery -The procedure can also be carried out on men who have abnormally large mammary glands.
- Breast lift or Mastopexy cosmetic surgery – In this surgery the skin looses its elasticity, gravity starts taking its toll, plus other factors such as weight loss, pregnancy and breastfeeding alter the shape and firmness of the breasts. The breast lift raises the breasts, giving them a more youthful contour.
Buttock augmentation – This procedure enhances the appearance of the buttocks by making them larger. The surgeon will either graft fat from another part of the patient’s body or use a silicone implant.
Chemical peel cosmetic surgery -is popular among people with acne or pock, as well as those with scars and wrinkles. There are two types of Chemical peel
Deep (phenol) peel – also known as a deep chemical peel. This is for patients with deep wrinkles, usually from exposure to the sun, as well as the skin that wrinkles around the lips and chin. This treatment reduces the appearance of skin damage and imperfections.
Light to medium chemical peel – more suitable for patients with finely wrinkled faces, as well as sun-damaged skin, and uneven pigmentation. All chemical peels peel away the top layers of the skin.